Are you capturing all the revenue
you earn for alcohol screening?
Let HSAG help you better identify patients with alcohol use disorder and provide guidance on Medicare billing.
Promote Alcohol Awareness Month by creating an alcohol-aware culture in your practice.
For FQHC/CPC+ Organizations
Download HSAG resources for alcohol screening and patient messaging.
HSAG invites you to celebrate Alcohol Awareness Month by using and sharing the tools and resources featured below to help your practice or health center comprehensively screen for alcohol use. One of the goals of Alcohol Awareness Month is to reduce any stigma related to alcohol misuse. By adding alcohol use screening into your practice, you are helping Medicare beneficiaries understand that alcohol screening is a typical part of their wellness care.
Whether you represent a physician office, a federally qualified health center (FQHC), or a Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) organization, HSAG is here to help you with your alcohol screening needs while overcoming workflow, patient messaging, and billing challenges. Learn more about HSAG's behavioral health collaborative and receive no-cost assistance for implementing evidence-based best practices on alcohol use screens, reports, analysis, and insights on your data.
Screening and Intervention Tools
- Visit our resources page, where you will find screening tools and
- Refer to the three alcohol screens explained in our Alcohol Screening Is Good Medicine flyer to find the one that works for your practice.
- Use this guide on Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much, prepared by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- For a complete explanation on Medicare billing for behavioral health screening, download our presentation or web
- Use this flyer for Medicare reimbursement codes and tips.
- Modify your workflow to efficiently perform alcohol screening by using this handout.
- Adopt these simple approaches from the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) to make your practice more alcohol-aware by using the Alcohol Use Practice Manual.
- Share these patient-directed flyers (English/Spanish) that explain the importance of Medicare Wellness Visits, which include no-cost alcohol use screenings.