Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
Recent reports show that at least 30 percent of antibiotics prescribed in U.S. outpatient settings are unnecessary, and only half of patients are receiving the right antibiotic.
In an effort to improve outpatient antibiotic prescribing, CDC is releasing the Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship. To discuss this new publication, CDC is offering a free webinar featuring CDC's Dr. Katherine Fleming-Dutra, medical epidemiologist with the Office of Antibiotic Stewardship in the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion.
Dr. Fleming-Dutra will discuss:
- The importance of antibiotic stewardship in outpatient settings
- The four core elements of antibiotic stewardship across various outpatient settings
- Evidence-based examples of how to implement these core elements into your practice
CE is available! There are no fees for CE.
For more information and resources: http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart
- About Us
- Contact Us
- For Patients and Families
- For Providers
- ESRD Network 7
- ESRD Network 13
- ESRD Network 15
- ESRD Network 17
- ESRD Network 18
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- Behavioral Health
- Continuing Education
- Data Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Home Dialysis
- Infection Prevention
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- Readmissions and Hospitalizations