Sunday, December 31, 2017, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. ET.
To meet the CMS ESRD QIP NHSN reporting requirements for Payment Year 2019, outpatient hemodialysis clinics must submit their third quarter 2017 Dialysis Event data collected from July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017, by Sunday, December 31, 2017. New or revised third quarter data entered into NHSN after December 31 will not be sent to CMS. Therefore, please be aware that any changes or corrections to third quarter 2017 data should be made prior to the reporting deadline.
We recommend using the following resources to review your data before the deadline. These resources and others can be found on the Dialysis Event homepage:
- Review the NHSN Dialysis Event Protocol to ensure all data were correctly reported to NHSN.
- Use the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for CMS ESRD QIP guide to verify your facility has met the minimum CMS reporting requirements.
- Refer to the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for Bloodstream Infections guide to review your facility’s bloodstream infection rates.
Contact the NHSN Helpdesk (email@example.com, subject line ‘Dialysis’) with any questions.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
ESRD Networks Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- For Patients and Families
- For Providers
- ESRD Network 7
- ESRD Network 13
- ESRD Network 15
- ESRD Network 17
- ESRD Network 18
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- Behavioral Health
- Continuing Education
- Data Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Home Dialysis
- Infection Prevention
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- Readmissions and Hospitalizations
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)