Friday, June 22, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
Keeping the right level of phosphorus in your body can affect the health of your bones, heart, and blood vessels. Phosphorus can be controlled through diet and medicines, and there can be serious consequences of not managing phosphorus in the right way. Although controlling phosphorus intake may come with challenges, there are ways to continue enjoying food while maintaining a healthy level of nutrients in your body.
Speaker, Carolyn Feibig, is a registered dietitian who specializes in diet planning for people with kidney disease. Ms. Feibig will discuss:
- The relationship of phosphorus to kidney disease
- The ways to manage phosphorus through diet and medicine
- The consequences of not managing phosphorus well
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)