Friday, October 14, 2016, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET.
Join us for this no cost webinar as we discuss:
The Frontline: How Primary Care Providers can Identify Depression in Patients who are Diabetic.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Michelle Owens-Gary has served as a Behavioral Scientist in the Translation, Health Education, and Evaluation Branch of the Division of Diabetes Translation for over 15 years. Dr. Owens-Gary leads the diabetes and women’s health efforts of the division, with a focus on improving data quality and access to care for women with gestational diabetes.
She also assists with the development of tools related to diabetes and mental health, community health workers, and ethnic minority health issues. Dr. Owens-Gary is a licensed clinical psychologist, who earned her doctorate and Master’s degree at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Relate an overview on depression
- Recognize the symptoms of depression
- Identify the association between diabetes and depression
- Describe why early detection of depression in diabetes is important
- Understand how depression in diabetes can be treated