Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Patient and Family Engagement (PFE) Think Tanks are monthly virtual meetings for HSAG HIIN hospitals to learn and share best practices surrounding PFE activities to help reduce clinical harms and readmissions. Each Think Tank session focuses on a different harm topic. The discussion features peer-to-peer sharing, as well as expert coaching and information sharing by HSAG HIIN subject matter experts.
- Initiate VTE prevention and safety for high-risk patients prior to or upon admission.
- Incorporate VTE prevention and safety into shift change huddles or bedside reporting.
- Involve a designated PFE lead in VTE prevention.
- Bring the voice of the patient and family into VTE prevention and safety.
- Introduce patient/family VTE experiences into governance decisions.
Natasha Hanasab, PharmD, MS, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
Laurie Hensley-Wojcieszyn, MHA, CPHA, Senior Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN