Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Patient and Family Engagement (PFE) Think Tanks are monthly virtual meetings for HSAG HIIN hospitals to learn and share best practices surrounding PFE activities to help reduce clinical harms and readmissions. Each Think Tank session focuses on a different harm topic. The discussion features peer-to-peer sharing, as well as expert coaching and information sharing by HSAG HIIN subject matter experts.
Identify opportunities in your hospital and develop practical solutions to:
- Initiate falls prevention for high-risk patients prior to or upon admission
- Incorporate falls safety into shift change huddles or beside reporting
- Involve designated PFE lead in falls prevention
- Bring the voice of the patient/family into the falls prevention safety program
- Introduce patient/family falls experiences into governance decisions
Laurie Hensley-Wojcieszyn, MHA, CPHQ, Senior Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
Martha Ackman, MA, RN, CPHQ, CPPS, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN