Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. Did you know more deaths are caused by diabetes than breast cancer and AIDS combined? Controlling blood glucose is a common inpatient concern. Hypoglycemia is also associated with increased morbidity, mortality, and length of hospital stay. Understanding your hospital’s practices and use of analytic tools can help reduce hypoglycemic events.
- Present the hypoglycemic event analysis tool (HEAT) and HEAT tracking tool to initiate analysis of hospital hypoglycemic events.
- Learn from a peer hospital and its journey in addressing hypoglycemic events.
- Initiate discussion on how to prevent hypoglycemic events in hospital settings.
Martha Ackman, MA, BSN, CPHQ, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
Winona Barreto, RN, BSN, Coordinator Quality, Saint Agnes Medical Center
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour. Pending approval. There is no charge to attend this event.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services