Antibiotic Stewardship in your
• Increase positive patient outcomes
• Decrease antibiotic resistance
• Decrease C. difficile infections
• Decrease costs
use, dosing and duration,
may approach 50% of all
outpatient antibiotic use2
CDC Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship3
• Action for policy and practice
• Tracking and reporting
• Education and expertise
What is Antibiotic Stewardship?
Antibiotic stewardship is the effort to measure and improve how antibiotics are prescribed by clinicians and used by patients. Improving antibiotic prescribing involves implementing effective strategies to modify prescribing practices to align them with evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and management4.
HSAG is a centralized resource for knowledge and tools that help outpatient providers improve health quality, efficiency, and value.
By partnering with us, your organization will be able to:
- Establish antibiotic stewardship (AS) activities that meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship in Outpatient Settings.
- Participate in learning and action network activities to promote and spread AS best practices.
- Receive no-cost education, outreach, and technical assistance to spread the principles of AS and understand the risks of misuse/overuse of antibiotics.
Who is eligible to participate?
Outpatient settings eligible to participate in the collaborative include: