U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week is November 13–19, 2017
U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week (formerly “Get Smart About Antibiotics Week”) is an annual one-week observance to raise awareness of the threat of antibiotic resistance and the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use. Join the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and partners as we celebrate the effort to combat the spread of antibiotic resistance and improve patient safety.
Raise awareness of the importance of antibiotic stewardship to improve how antibiotics are prescribed by clinicians and used by patients.
2017 Progress and Opportunities: Antibiotic Use in the United States
The Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship
- Small and Critical Access Hospitals
- Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship program
- Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship programs
- Antibiotic Stewardship for Nursing Homes
Video and Audio Tools
- The Story of Peggy Lillis: The Other Side of Antibiotics
- Antibiotics: Pharmacists Can Make the Difference
- Antibiotics: Miracle Drugs
- Know When Antibiotics Work
For Patients and Families
- Clinician Video–Bob Video
- How Antibiotic Resistance Happens
- Snort. Sniffle. Sneeze. No Antibiotics Please!
Visit the CDC website to view additional materials regarding the U.S. Antibiotics Awareness Week.