Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET.
Health Information Exchange (HIE) is the secure, electronic sharing of health information between healthcare professionals. It facilitates safe and efficient patient-centered care, providing information to assist with care coordination. The Florida HIE provides healthcare professionals in the state with timely, secure, and authorized exchange of patient health information through three services: patient look-up (PLU), event notification service (ENS), and direct messaging.
The PLU service connects existing healthcare provider networks for the exchange of health information across a statewide information highway. The ENS provides alerts to health plans and accountable care organizations (ACOs) about their members’ hospital encounters that the health plan or ACO then provides to the patient’s primary care provider for care coordination. Direct messaging is a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant email service that allows participants to send and receive messages and attachments containing a patient’s clinical data.
This Webinar showcased the various Florida HIE services and provided information to attendees on how to participate.
1. Describe various forms of HIE available in Florida, including their impact on physician practices and patient healthcare.
2. Explain the impact of using HIE services and the ability to connect within the healthcare ecosystem.
3. Describe how to engage and participate with Florida's HIE initiatives.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)