Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Register for the Quality Improvement and Collaboration to Improve Sepsis Care:
Focus on Best Practices in the Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Sepsis
Quest Conference Center
8405 Pulsar Place
Columbus OH, 43240
The Region 5 office of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)—in partnership with Health Services Advisory Group, Ohio Hospital Association, Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Health Care Association, The Academy of Senior Health Sciences, and Leading Age Ohio—present a learning event to highlight the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspected sepsis.
Early Recognition of Sepsis—Presented by Steven Q. Simpson, MD, Professor of Medicine, Acting Director of the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Kansas. Dr. Simpson is also Chair of Interdisciplinary Critical Care at the University of Kansas Hospital and Medical Director of three intensive care units. He has conducted research in all areas of severe sepsis, from molecular and cellular mechanisms, to translational studies, to quality improvement studies.
About This Learning Event—
- 80 percent of sepsis seen in the hospital comes from nursing homes and community settings.
- The objective of the event is to integrate all entities across the continuum of care in a collaborative approach to improve sepsis outcomes through early recognition.
- The second segment of this event will feature an interactive and work planning session, so attendees will leave with strategies to implement early sepsis recognition and treatment in their facilities.
- This event is part of the community collaborative approach to integrate nursing homes and home health agencies into the Ohio Statewide Sepsis Initiative.
Who Should Attend:
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Nursing Home and Home Health Directors of Nursing
- Nursing Home and Home Health Medical Directors
- Home Health Clinical Leads/ Educators
- Home Health Quality Improvement Leads
Contact: Haley Bakies
No cost to attend. Register today!
This program has been approved for 2 hours of CE by BELTSS (ASHS-97-P-16). The Academy of Senior Health Sciences is a preferred provider of BELTSS CEs.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)