Thursday, February 25, 2016, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET.
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) often result in considerable suffering for residents in long-term care facilities as well as increased costs for the healthcare system. Although estimates vary widely, there are between 1.6 and 3.8 million HAIs in nursing homes (NHs) every year.
New proposed Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) regulations for NHs emphasize the importance of infection prevention and surveillance and require each facility's infection prevention and control program to include an antibiotic stewardship program. This webinar will provide an overview of HAIs in NHs and discuss key infection control strategies to monitor and reduce HAI rates.
Find out how you can use QAPI to target HAI reduction and implement prevention strategies in your facility!
- Describe the epidemiology and burden of HAIs in NHs.
- Explore key strategies for preventing transmission of HAIs within NHs using the QAPI approach.
- Identify challenges for implementing infection prevention programs in NHs.
- Discuss next steps.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)