Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Join Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) at this webinar to learn from seasoned health experts about proven field techniques to create a successful tobacco cessation program. This event is hosted by the American Cancer Society.
In this event, you will learn to:
- Apply basic skills for working with smokers and evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment/practices in a community health setting.
- Distinguish the systems approach to the Arizona Smoker's Helpline (ASHline): Education on coaching, quit-lines, and the Great American Smokeout (GASO), so that providers and clinicians can be more effective in engaging and gearing patients (and staff) to quit on November 17.
- Prepare effective quit programs: Understanding the resources available to be successful in continuing to quit (i.e., quit-lines, coaching services, and marketing in a health setting).
- Wayne Tormala, Chief, Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Tobacco & Chronic Disease
- Linda Bailey, CEO, North American Quitline Consortium (includes all tobacco quitlines in the U.S. and Canada)
- Mirja Riester, Director, Strategic Directions, RIESTER Marketing (award-winning cessation marketing efforts for over a decade).
No cost to attend. This event is designed for physicians and their office staff members.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)