Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of sepsis, and review treatment guidelines and strategies to improve sepsis care in post-acute facilities.
Take this opportunity to learn from our presenter’s extensive experience and expertise that can instantly be applied to help provide better care to older adults residing in post-acute settings.
RECORDING coming soon! (scheduled to post 10/10/18)
This webinar will provide demonstrations and coaching. Participants will:
- Identify processes to recognize symptoms of sepsis for older adults in post-acute settings.
- Review the definitions of sepsis and key elements of the clinical practice guidelines.
- Define the importance of early recognition and treatment for patients with sepsis.
- Review potential actions to facilitate timely care, appropriate transfer, and clear communication amongst caregivers.
Kelly Nguyen, MSN, RN, PHN
As the Manager of Sepsis Quality at El Camino Hospital in the Silicon Valley, Ms. Nguyen is responsible for the education of patients and staff, compliance with sepsis quality measures, and various improvement efforts.
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour. Application has been made to the California Nursing Home Administrator Program, #CEP1729, for 1 continuing education credit, pending approval. There is no charge for attendance of this event. You must attend the live version to receive CE credit.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)