Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) works in collaboration with home health agencies to improve and strengthen the quality of care and patient outcomes within the home health environment.
Extension of Effective Date for the Conditions of Participation (CoP)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has extended the effective date of the final home health agency (HHA) Conditions of Participation (CoP) rule by an additional 6 months beyond the original July 13, 2017 effective date. The new HHA CoPs are now effective on January 13, 2018. This rule does not make any changes to the policies that were set forth in the final HHA CoP rule. The final rule to extend the effective date (CMS-3819-F2) is available on the Federal Register website.
- Questions regarding the requirements of the January 13, 2017 final HHA rule may be sent to NewHHACoPs@cms.hhs.gov.
- CMS-3819-F2” is hyperlink to: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/07/10/2017-14347/medicare-and-medicaid-programs-conditions-of-participation-for-home-health-agencies-delay-of
- January 13, 2017 final HHA rule” is hyperlink to: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/13/2017-00283/medicare-and-medicaid-program-conditions-of-participation-for-home-health-agencies
A National initiative led by the Society of Hospital Medicine to improve the care of patients as they transition from hospital to home.
The Enhanced Home Health (EHH) care delivery model provides a minimum of seven touch points to the patient within two weeks of a hospital discharge.
In partnership with the Home Health Quality Improvement (HHQI) National Campaign and many statewide home health agency professional membership organizations, Health Services Advisory Group is encouraging home health agencies to join the Cardiovascular Health Improvement Initiative and participate in the Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry. Details of the programs are included in the following links:
- Get Started, Registration, and Materials at HHQI
- Join the Cardiovascular Movement and Cardiovascular Data Registry
- Cardio Milestones: Your Roadmap to Success
- Progressing Together: Take Advantage of Free Quality Improvement Resources
- Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry Flowchart
- HSAG Corporate Brochure
A national campaign dedicated to improving the quality of care provided to America’s home health patients.
AHHQI works to strengthen home health care as a cornerstone of the nation's healthcare system.
Reports and Articles
A Report from the Joint Commission on transitions of care and the need for collaboration across the entire care continuum.
Post-discharge telephonic support has evidenced a reduction in hospital readmission rates. The sooner this type of support is provided to the patient post-discharge, the greater the reduction in readmissions
Tools and Guides
Advance care planning can assist with readmissions by understanding the patient’s care preferences. Home health agencies can initiative these conversations and better understand their patients’ wishes for end-of-life treatment.
An updated version of the BPIP has been released to align with the new blood pressure guidelines (from November 2017). Visit the Cardiovascular Health BPIP site to download the new package: http://www.homehealthquality.org/Cardiovascular-Health/Best-Practices.aspx.
- Contact Us
Medicare Provider Services
- Care Coordination
- Community-Based Resources
- Data Reporting
- Home Health Agency
- Nursing Home
- Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Physician Office
- Behavioral Health Screenings and Care Transitions
- Improving Adult Immunization Rates
- Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
- Nursing Home CDI Initiative
- Quality Reporting
- QIO Program Changes
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Other Services
- HSAG HIIN
- CMS News
- Medicare News
- QIO News