Healthcare providers, community-based organizations, and individuals in the community need to be ready to respond to emergencies, including Emerging Infectious Diseases (EIDs) and viral outbreaks such as COVID-19 or influenza, which can spread quickly and require a rapid, robust response to minimize spread. It is vital that all entities self-assess their ability to manage emergencies, are prepared with comprehensive and actionable emergency preparedness plans (EPPs), and are armed with checklists to operationalize logistics in the event of an emergency or healthcare crisis.
Register for the Monthly Emergency Preparedness Webinars
February 21–June 19, 2024
HSAG is supporting nursing homes to ensure that your center's EPP encompasses EIDs as stated in QSO-21-15-ALL. Below is a stream-lined EID self-assessment checklist to download and complete with your team. This will give you a barometer reading of your center's EID preparedness strengths and opportunities for further focus. After completing the checklist please submit your EID results using the button below so HSAG can offer your center specific assistance.
HSAG is querying hospitals to attest that an EPP is in place. Please submit your responses to these three questions by using the button below. HSAG is available to provide EPP support to hospitals in need of assistance.
Emergency Preparedness Resources
- CMS Updated Guidance for Emergency Preparedness—Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual. QSO-21-15-All
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Emergency Preparedness Regulation Guidance
- CDC Preparedness and Planning | Emergency Response
- Rural Health Information Hub—Rural Emergency Preparedness and Response
- CMS 1135 Waivers for Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP
- Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange (TRACIE)
- FEMA Region 9 Arizona: declared disasters, emergency response resources, disaster recovery centers
- Toolkit for Tribal Preparedness, developed by the Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona
- Arizona Healthcare Association – Disaster Ready (Prepare/Respond/Recover)
- Arizona Department of Health Services Emergency Preparedness
- Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association Emergency Response
- Arizona Coalition for Healthcare Emergency Response (AzCHER)
- Health Care Readiness in Arizona
- FEMA Region 9 California: declared disasters, emergency response resources, disaster recovery centers
- Be Prepared California
- Cal Hospital Prepare Incident Planning Guide
- California Hospital Association (CHA) Emergency Preparedness