NHSN COVID-19 Data Reporting Assistance for Nursing Homes
HSAG can help!
HSAG is available to assist nursing homes in reporting accurate COVID-19 vaccine data to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Common challenges that potentially lead to CMS fines and inaccurately reported public data include misunderstanding COVID-19 reporting requirements and vaccine up-to-date definitions, inadequate vaccination data collection processes, and lack of access to the NHSN and statewide vaccine registries.
- Survival Guide for Mandatory National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Reporting for Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCFs)
- Overview of NHSN Reporting Requirements for LTCFs
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding NHSN Access Issues
To ensure current data on your COVID-19 Trend Reports, please join the HSAG group in NHSN. This also allows HSAG to provide real time technical assistance for any NHSN errors.
- Arizona Nursing Home Steps for Conferring Rights
- California Nursing Home Steps for Conferring Rights
How does NHSN define up to date on vaccines?
Questions? Complete this short form:
How HSAG Can Help
Register for NHSN & HAI Nursing Home Office Hours