HSAG has assembled a set of communication materials, designed to help providers, stakeholders, and partners enroll Medicare beneficiary patients into the Everyone with Diabetes Counts (EDC) diabetes self-management education (DSME) classes and to encourage the training of DSME trainers. These materials contain fillable fields for customization, ready for download.
- Diabetes Screening Tip Sheet from the National Coordinating Center (NCC)
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Reimbursement Requirements from the NCC
- Recruitment poster (one-sheet)
- Frequently Asked Questions (one-sheet)
- Mini-handout (postcard-sized, doubled-sided flyer)
- Doctor-to-patient letter
- QIO Business Guide for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES)
In addition, there are background materials that may assist your understanding of the DSME curriculum involved in this EDC initiative:
- Stanford Model Workshop Overview
- Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
- Small Steps. Big Rewards. Game Plan toolkit for Providers (This toolkit is based on lifestyle modification strategies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.)
For more information or questions regarding these materials, please contact Alexa Hughes at 818.265.4693 or by email at email@example.com.